General questions

How do I enroll?
It’s easy. Just visit Enroll & Pay.
What if I’m a visiting undergraduate student from another university?
After being admitted to the university, you will be able to enroll online through Enroll & Pay starting in mid-May. For more information about enrollment, visit the Registrar.
What if I’m a former KU undergraduate student looking to pick up a course?
After being readmitted to the university, you can enroll through Enroll & Pay.
What if I’ll be a KU freshman in the fall, or I’m a transfer student in the fall?
If you were admitted to KU for summer 2017, you can enroll through Enroll & Pay. If you were admitted to KU for fall 2017, please update your admission term first.
What classes are offered at KU in Overland Park?
In the class search, click More Options and choose Edwards Campus under “Any KU Campus.” The Edwards Campus only offers junior/senior level courses (courses numbered 300 and above at KU).
When does the summer semester start?
June 4 for eight-week courses. There are some July-only courses, also.
What is the maximum number of credit hours I can take in the summer?
It varies by school and level.
What are the important deadline dates for the summer 2017 semester?
See the box at right, or view the Registrar's complete schedule.
What classes are offered online?
In the class search, click More Options and choose Online from the Online/Video drop down.

Summer financial aid

How do I apply for summer financial aid?
Submit the e-form found on the Summer Financial Aid page. You must have a FAFSA on file for the 2017-18 academic year. Once we have reviewed it, we will email you with a notification of your financial aid award.
What types of financial aid are available for the summer semester?
Federal financial aid in the summer can include Pell Grants, Subsidized and/or Unsubsidized Stafford Loans, Perkins Loans, PLUS (parent) Loans, Graduate PLUS Loans, and Federal Work-Study. Students can also apply for private loans through the KU Endowment Association and other private lenders.
How many hours should I enroll in to be eligible for summer financial aid?
In general, you must enroll in at least three hours through an official KU program. Some doctoral students working on a dissertation may take fewer hours and still be eligible. Also, you may be able to earn Federal Work-Study earnings even if not enrolled.
Can I receive financial aid to study abroad?
Yes. You must be participating in a program approved by the KU Office of Study Abroad. That office will notify us of the cost of your program, and we will offer you aid accordingly.

Accelerate your path to graduation
Take courses that are filled other times of year
Enjoy smaller class sizes
Study by the pool!
KU Today